System Engineer on a development of a Field Oriented Control (FOC), motor controller for up to 400HP motor.
Before taking over there was an existing undocumented codebase in C with only the FOC algorithm implemented, and a prototype board.
- The Project requirements were the following:
- Create Graphical user interface for live monitoring of the motor status and easy configuration.
- Design the Case of the controller.
- Redesign the PCB to conform to specified standards.
- Add CAN support (J1939).
The Team had 4 people. An electrical engineer, an electronics engineer, a mechanical engineer, and me.
- On the scope of these project i accomplished the following things:
- Gave the guidelines and the original concept for the case design.
- Proof-checked all the engineering drawings
- Gave the guidelines and all the requirements for the PCB redesign, after excessive research on the standards required, the industry required connections, and the client requirements.
- Simulated the original code on Simuling + visim,
- Refactored the C code documenting everything, and migrating the codebase on a git repository.
- Adjusted the PI portion of the control algorithm and added autotuning functionality.
- Added various redundant safety features
- Designed the serial communication protocol in preperation for the GUI developement.
- Researched, developed and merged on the codebase a robust J1939 CAN stack
- Designed and Developed the GUI using C# and Xamarin